Saturday, December 6, 2008

Me, We, Country....

To be or not to be....
To see or not to see....
Should I just look nonchalantly and let the drama unfold...
Or should I blow more hot and a lil less cold...
Is whats happening really relevant to me...
Is it just a nightmare that will eventually flee...
Should I jus sit back and wait for things to change...
Or is it something thats within my own range....
Am I just a pawn in this dirty game...
Or have I lost the ability to stay true to my name...
Does my opinion, my point of view, really count...
Am I also of importance paramount....
Have I lost my inner voice that wants me to fight....
Have I forgotten the difference between wrong and right....
Is life really a complex series of equations....
Or is it just a facade to hide the real complications...
If I do not know, I am living why....
Do I have to worry if I'll live or die...
Tit for tat may seem like a human rights violation...
But how else do you react when someone indulges himself in your immolation...
Being resilient enough to bounce back is indeed commendable...
But does it give others a license to kill and make you unstable...
Am I too confused about my personal and social life...
Am I too confused about whether I need a gun or a knife...
Is staying indifferent the solution to this plea...
To be or not to be....To see or not to see....

3 comments:

kd said...

Very thoughtful.. beautifully written..

Unknown said...

good one shantanu!!!

jaya'sgreen.in said...

made me cry! I can see a great poet in you! U have a knack of BEING there!