Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Just another day in the life of.....

R : So how was it?
A : What do you think?
R : Your face tells me it went well!
A : Really?? That's what you could read from my face??
R : Why? Am I wrong?
A : Duh huh! Yeah you are!
R : What happened??
A : Everything that could have possibly gone wrong, did!
R : Like....
A : For starters, I forgot the name of the dude who invented radiophrenology....and then the gaspernetics theorem, what the hell is that thing??! I never seem to understand it! Every time I read it, I think I do, but clearly I dont! And to top it, in the end, I messed up the Max-Kruger duality equations leading to the wrong answer to the Y-modal problem.....
R : Oooh! That's bad! Tough luck dude!
A : Well, its not just luck you know...Sometimes I think all of this is connected...somehow....someone, somewhere is making the decisions for us, while we sit here thinking we are the masters of our own destiny...
R : Now you are just sounding like Yash Chopra uncle...someone, somewhere...is made for you....and all that crap!
A : Why? Dont you believe in something like that? Dont you believe in destiny?
R : Yeah right! I write my own destiny!
A : Exactly! That's what I said! We think we do, but really we dont! We just lay the dots...someone up there connects them ...and as you know, the dots dont mean anything by themselves....its only when they are connected that they form a pattern...
R : !
A : clearly you disagree :)
R : Well, not completely....but in part, yes! If we lay the dots, why cant we be the ones to connect them?
A : Because we cant see the pattern from here! The pattern appears only from a third person's point of view...and to us, only in retrospect....Consider this : how would you construct a building if you were standing inside one of the rooms? Its something that's going to "grow" organically around you....of course, someone will build it from outside but to you, it seems like its growing, evolving...It all depends on the perspective!
R : Wow! Never looked at it that way! That's actually fascinating!
A : See! Sometimes I do make sense :)
R : Sometimes! That's the key word here :D
A : Yeah! That's better than never....which is the key word for "some" people... :P
R : Oh yeah! That's precisely why I keep telling you everything's gonna be alright everytime you are low! :P
A : Hey! I am never low okay! I just try to act that way...coz you know, people shouldnt feel I dont care about important stuff like studies and career...
R : Haha! That's just BS! You never admit your insecurities, do you! :P
A : Insecurities! Blah! You are the one with insecurities!
R : Haha! Who calls me at the middle of the night to say she misses her mom!
A : And who cries like a baby everytime he loses like an amateur on the tennis court?
R : I never lose! I let others win!
A : lol! Now THAT, my dear friend, is BS!! :D
R : "I miss my mom, I wanna go home!" :P
A : "I am never gonna be able to build my muscles...even if I start LIVING in the gym!"
R : "My roommate gets asked out all the time...Cant guys see me??"
A : Alright alright! That's it! Lets call it a tie...
R : What tie! I always win and you say its a tie!! No tie-shie! I won outright!
A : What win! We werent playing anything! It was just random philosophy for godsakes!
R : That's something you always say when I win! Never give me any credit!
A : Now that's just not true....
R : Even day before yesterday, at the cafe....you were.....
A : Every time you have to bring winning and....
R : Bullll....
A : No listen to me...every time...you do this....and I am fed up....
R : Yeah, like I am not!
A : ..............
R : ...........


Rahul aur Anjali ka firse jhagda ho gaya....

Completely oblivious to the fact that they are indeed standing in "the room", while "someone" is building something special around them....something they will only see in retrospect...only from a third person's point of view...indeed, someone is connecting the dots, but they cant see it...And until they cant, Rahul aur Anjali ka jhagda hota rahega, aur ye sab aisehi chalta rahega :)

3 comments:

Azel said...

Amazing stuff, =)

If you've thought the whole "Room" thing up, seriously, wow.

Consider this though: Since we cannot see the whole view from top, we go about connecting random dots, which we think would make the picture. Hence we screw up sometimes, coz had we been able to have the top view, we might have made it right in the first shot itself. Anyways, Destiny is always up for debate.

Written in what happens to by my favourite style, I liked it a lot.

Vaise, I can't help but think, ki it's basically you on both the sides, i.e. You miss your mom and You lost the game of tennis, and the whole "Body nahi ban rahi meri" problem? Just thinking...

Good One.

Eternal soul said...

nice one bhai..
liked that analogy "constructing a building" very true :)

Shantanu said...

@Azel : Thx! :) Yep, the room thing was a result of back-to-back tiresome days....i guess fatigue really drives me to writing :D

Ur not totally wrong abt it being me on both sides, but quite a bit of it is inspired from someone I know...

@Dev : Thx bro! :)